GTK1 Apps (was: Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian)

Neil Williams wrote:
> If anyone wants *any* packages on
> http://wiki.debian.org/GTK+_1%2e2_leftovers to remain in Debian after
> Lenny, then do as I have done and take over the upstream maintenance
> of the old code and do the port yourself.  Nobody else is apparently
> willing to do it.

I am the gbib maintainer and despite the fact that it is fairly
unmaintained upstream I use it regularly and know of no good
replacement. I would love to port it it to GTK2, and it is a fairly
simple UI, but while I can keep on top of any RC bugs which may arise
(there are none at the moment), and do the odd tweak, I certainly don't
know enough GTK to be able to port it to GTK2; nor do I have the time to
learn right now.

Are there any guides, howtos, instructions or anything else useful for
porting gtk1 apps to gtk2? I certainly would like to keep this package I
use daily in Debian, as I'm sure would many of my 350*(popcon factor)
users.

Thanks,
Matt

--