Re: Checklist for Package Sponsors

Great to have a checklist to help me with my sponsoring.  Thanks for
creating it. :)

Seemed mostly sensible, except for this:

[Don Armstrong]
>   Make sure that the package can be distributed by Debian
[...]
>      * Are there significant patents which the work infringes which are known
>        to be enforced?

I'm not going to do this.  Knowing what is patented make you more
liable to punishment if you use a patent without a license than doing
it by accident without knowing it, so it do not make sense to keep
track of what the horribly broken patent systems around the world
decide to grant software patents for.

Perhaps the item should be adjusted?

Happy hacking,
--