Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Now, from the Debian users I know around me, I can tell you that none
> of them like aptitude, and they especially dislike the "install
> recommends by default" so-called "feature".

 So what you're really battling against is enforcement of Recommends,
 not about enforcement of Recommends in a particular frontend, otherwise
 you would use aptitude.

 I think we should eat our dog food and fix Recommends to be useful
 again.  Just think of it as making some of the actual Recommends to
 Suggests and allowing back some of the actual Depends as Recommends.

--
Loïc Minier