Re: Resolved bugs keeping packages out of testing?

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 10:56:08AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have several "excuses" pages that resemble this one:
>
> http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=darcs-buildpackage
>
> This says that darcs-buildpackage has new bugs, and references #410838.  But
> #410838 is resolved in unstable and has been for ages -- since February.
> Why is that still a reason to keep it out of testing?
>
> Also, what's up with mips and mipsel?  Many of my packages are kept out of
> testing because they're out of date on those archs.

  just look at http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=darcs-buildpackage

  I don't know why qa.d.o shows the bug as an excuse, but the issue
seems to be that your package does not build on mips:
  http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=darcs-buildpackage&suite=unstable
especially because haskell-configfile does not builds either:
  http://buildd.debian.org/~jeroen/status/package.php?p=haskell-configfile
and that it's a dependency of yours.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit