Re: Non-security updates between stable releases?

        I am not advocating being hostile to novice users; I am saying
 that we should not cater solely to that segment of our user base;
 especially at the expense experienced users who have been long using
 Debian as the basis of productive work.

Some considerations and improvements seem at first glance as "for novice users", but they often make sense for proffesionals too.

For example, if Debian Linux makes some choice without bothering the end user, and if he does it in logical manner, then not only novice user is glad he shouldn't make some cryptic geeky choice that scares him, but also the professional often appreciates that he is not wasting his time and can concentrate at real work.

Similar if something improves end user comfort somehow, etc.

Sysadmins are slow to explore such improvements and to appreciate them. BFU's are much more flexible in this manner :-) However at the end, the admins are able to absorb it too.

So, I think the wisdom is in those improvements, that bless BROAD end user base.

What is good for BFU is not neccessarily bad for admin!

Peter