Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On Wed July 25 2007 10:57:54 am Josselin Mouette wrote:
> If the users installs the distribution with default settings or
> starts a session on a multi-user setup, he should find a usable menu,
> not a menu with all possible applications he never wanted to install.

Well, if there is stuff he never wanted to install then his first clue
they are cluttering up his system will be their appearance in the
menus. It also gives him an opportunity to easily fire them up to see
what the ones he's never heard of are so he can decide if they should
be purged or kept. If they are not in the menus then he either tracks
them down manually and starts them from the commandline, or notices
them if he pays close enough attention to upgrades.

I think you've hit on a good reason to default to including everything
in the menus.

- Bruce