Re: Build the Debian Reference Card

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 05:53:37PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 24.07.2007, 14:13 +0100 schrieb Neil Williams:
> > On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:33:04 +0100 (BST)
> > "Paul Cager" <paul-debian@home.paulcager.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Has anyone any advice on how to build the Reference Card[1] from source?
> > >
> > > I have removed the "--nonet" from the xsltproc call
> >
> > I use xsltproc in a number of build situations and removing --nonet is
> > NOT a solution!
>
> It is, if the stylesheets are not installed locally or if there is no
> catalog entry. Both are possible, because the necessary package had been
> removed from Debian. The OP was right to remove this option, if he
> observed the error:

Note that it is not acceptable for a package in main to rely on something
that is not in main.  When building something for main (using xsltproc),
you should always make sure that it's using things from main, and not
some random version somewhere on internet.

This doesn't seem to be a package that's in main, but it's probably
still a good idea to use --nonet, so you can actually get consitent
results over time.

Kurt