Re: Build the Debian Reference Card

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:33:04 +0100 (BST)
"Paul Cager" <paul-debian@home.paulcager.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone any advice on how to build the Reference Card[1] from source?
>
> I have removed the "--nonet" from the xsltproc call

I use xsltproc in a number of build situations and removing --nonet is
NOT a solution! It usually reflects a change in the XSL support
packages where the original stylesheets have been replaced or updated
with a new package. It is just plain rude to go over the internet to
build things like this so --nonet is actually very useful.

The error that led to you removing --nonet is actually more important
than any results you get AFTER removing --nonet.
;-)

> so that it can
> download "http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/xsl/docbook.xsl";, but now it
> fails:

See above. I suspect that the source itself is now incompatible with the
chosen XSL stylesheet. Either the source needs to be updated or a
different stylesheet selected.

> paul@proxy:~/refcard/trunk$ make
> xsltproc --novalid --xinclude preproc.xsl entries-bg.dbk

Needing to use --novalid is also a bad sign.

The document is Copyright 2004/5 so it is probably in dire need of
updates to the DocBook and/or selection of an updated XSL stylesheet.

--

Neil Williams