Re: Build the Debian Reference Card

On Tue, July 24, 2007 2:13 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:33:04 +0100 (BST)
> "Paul Cager" <paul-debian@home.paulcager.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone any advice on how to build the Reference Card[1] from source?
>>
>> I have removed the "--nonet" from the xsltproc call
>
> I use xsltproc in a number of build situations and removing --nonet is
> NOT a solution! It usually reflects a change in the XSL support
> packages where the original stylesheets have been replaced or updated
> with a new package. It is just plain rude to go over the internet to
> build things like this so --nonet is actually very useful.
>
> The error that led to you removing --nonet is actually more important
> than any results you get AFTER removing --nonet.
> ;-)

Thanks for your comments - as I said I'm rather new to docbook/xslt.

Refcard.xsl contained:

  <xsl:import href="http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/xsl/docbook.xsl"/>

Which failed "xsl:import : unable to load
http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/xsl/docbook.xsl";

I've tried removing the nonet and get the failure below. If I install
db2latex locally and modify the import to:

  <xsl:import
href="/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/xsl/db2latex/latex/docbook.xsl"/>

I get the same failure.

>> so that it can
>> download "http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/xsl/docbook.xsl";, but now it
>> fails:
>
> See above. I suspect that the source itself is now incompatible with the
> chosen XSL stylesheet. Either the source needs to be updated or a
> different stylesheet selected.
>
>> paul@proxy:~/refcard/trunk$ make
>> xsltproc --novalid --xinclude preproc.xsl entries-bg.dbk
>
> Needing to use --novalid is also a bad sign.
>
> The document is Copyright 2004/5 so it is probably in dire need of
> updates to the DocBook and/or selection of an updated XSL stylesheet.

Yes. I probably need to learn rather a lot before I can do that!

Thanks,
Paul