Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

Am Sonntag, den 22.07.2007, 21:01 +0200 schrieb Ondrej Certik:

[..]
> I think it would also help, if
> there was some official repository for unnoficial packages, so that I
> (as non-DD) could just upload my package to mentors (which I can now)
> and then just add the "deb" line (not just "deb-src") into
> sources.list and could easily use all packages from mentors (at least
> on i386). Because now everyone has it's own private repository, which
> I find very unfortunate.

mentors.d.o was a binary archive some time ago. You can check the
archives for the reasons, why they stopped this service (and why they
are now only providing the sources - mainly because of the bandwith
IIRC). Every new effort for such a service will probably have the same
"issues".

Regards, Daniel