Re: List of (un)sponsored packages on Mentors (approximate)

Hi,
* Kumar Appaiah <akumar@ee.iitm.ac.in> [2007-07-22 19:26]:
> (Cross posted to debian-devel, debian-mentors)
> Dear Debian developers,
>
> I have written a few crude and rudimentary scripts to find an
> approximate list of packages which have been or have _not_ been
> sponsored despite an RFS to debian-mentors.
>
> The program generates bad output if the RFS mailer has not given the
> package name right after the first "RFS" in the subject, that too,
> with a space etc., but it's a start, and gives you the idea.
>
> Also, the list is a HTML page, with every package having a link. The
> link points to the RFS message in the Debian Mentors archive.
[...]
Thanks for your work! But basically you do work that already
had been done by mentors.debian.net. Ok not everyone is
using this service but it would be good if they would.

I also see a problem in missing descriptions for the RFS.
Sure it would be not very efficient to download the message
from the archive and parse them but browsing a huge list of
non-descriptive names is somehow bad.

Kind regards
Nico
--