Re: libquicktime transition

Hi Fabian,

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 09:52:03PM +0200, Fabian Greffrath wrote:
> finally (and thanks to Lioc Minier a.o.) the new upstream version 1.0.0
> of the libquicktime library has made it into Debian unstable.

> The library involves an ABI change relative to its successor 0.9.7 and
> had its soname bumped. I already asked all maintainers of rdepending
> packages to test-build against the new library when it was still in
> experimental. Since obviously no issues occured, I expect the transition
> to run smooth. The affected packages should however be rebuilt/bin-NMUd
> against the new version:

> Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org> (smilutils)

The timing is unfortunate, because smilutils is already tied to the glib1.2
transition and had not yet been built on all architectures.  So these two
library transitions now appear to be linked.  Fortunately the set of
reverse-deps for libquicktime is fairly small, so this probably won't have
too much of an effect on the timing as long as other library transitions
don't surprise us mid-process.