considering removal of fireflier

Hi all,

I wanted to ask you about your opinion regarding fireflier removal.
I personally have been main upstream developer and
debian maintainer of fireflier.
Fireflier is a tool for interactive firewall administration.

As I meanwhile don't have any time to spend on my former project and
nobody else seems eager to take up where I left, I finally consider to
ask for removal of this package.

Popcon tells me: http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=fireflier
fireflier-server  36  Installed, 8 Votes
fireflier-client-gtk  45  Installed, 7 Votes
fireflier-client-qt  15 Installed, 5 Votes
fireflier-client-kde  54  Installed, 12 Votes

The project has been dead for more than a year now. Anyways, apart from
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=433817, which I can
easily solve by removing fireflier-client-gtk, there are no known
problems.
Should I ask for removal of it? Especially as orphaning it would mean a
dead package where no upstream exists either.

There has been a security problem recently, which I corrected (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=431332)
If someone has the old version installed, and we remove fireflier from
the archives too early, then he might end up with the old version when
he doesn't update too often (thinking of all the testing/unstable
users). If I would remove fireflier, what would be the best way to
handle this issue ?

greetings,
Martin