Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 19:44, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Surely any proposal for replacing the menu system with desktop files has
> to involve generating menu files from desktop files for the benefit of
> programs that use the menu system and don't understand desktop files?

Eh, correct me if I'm wrong, but surely the way it works is that install-menu
and the various menu-method provided by window/desktop manager packages to
convert the set of menu files into the native menu configuration formats of
those window/desktop managers? install-menu would now be improved to
read .desktop files directly; there is no need to convert them into .menu
files first (and really no reason to convert .menu to .desktop either).

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)