Re: FTBFS if built twice in a row

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

>> Not if you use pdebuild or similarly build in a chroot, which IMO
>> everyone should be doing.

> I use xen instances and that changes nothing at all.

> 1. My ~/src is mounted inside the build environment so I don't have to
> copy the source around all the time

So don't do that and then everything works.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but this really isn't that difficult to work
around in practice, and the alternative is a lot more package maintenance
work to track down the autogenerated files that's both finnicky and
fragile.  Right now, it's my opinion that we're optimizing for the common
case.