Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

Steve Greenland <steveg <at> moregruel.net> writes:

> On 14-Jul-07, 16:48 (CDT), William Pitcock <nenolod <at> sacredspiral.co.uk>
wrote:
> > My issue is that I find it patently offensive that people attack my work
> > simply because they wish to regain XMMS in their distribution. Maybe
> > I am wrong in thinking that way, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
>
> I don't think you're wrong to be offended by jerks. However, based on
> 20 years of Usenet and mailling list experience, I do think you'll be
> happier in the long run by learning to ignore them.
>
> Steve

I do ignore jerks. However, some jerks become problems for our project,
and flood our bugtrackers and distro bugtrackers with inane bugs which
point out some "flaw" in Audacious and then ask for XMMS to be restored.

Which reflects poorly on our project.

Luckily, I don't think Debian has so many jerks, as it's targeted at a
more mature audience than those distros that I speak of were.

What's funny is that some of these people who were doing this wound up
switching to Debian thinking that it would always keep XMMS for some
reason.

William