Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

On 11-Jul-07, 09:40 (CDT), William Pitcock <nenolod@sacredspiral.co.uk>
wrote:
> We are not an XMMS clone. Would you like us to remove the Winamp2 UI
> to drive this point further? If this nonsense keeps happening, it's
> exactly what we will be doing.

Like it or not, your software fits very much into the role played
by XMMS, such that someone who likes XMMS is more likely to choose
Audacious than, say, Rythymbox. That's why it's being discussed as a
"replacement". If we remove XMMS from the distribution, we have some
obligation to point users at similar tools.

Since you obviously modeled Audacious on XMMS (via BMP), I'm not sure
why you find such comparisons offensive.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net