Re: who are the kernel maintainers?

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 18:35 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 18:30, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > > I doubt that that BR deserves an RC severity to be honest.
> >
> > Really?  The package *has no module*.  It is a package which exists
> > *only to provide a module*.
>
> Let me phrase it differently then: not all RC bugs are equally urgent.

I installed the package, which was automatically upgraded since I have
the previous version of the module which you had to build yourself.  My
network immediately failed.

At that point, I had to walk across campus where I could plug in to a
wired ethernet, identify the problem, rebuild the module, forcibly
install the new package, and now place the package on hold until a fix
arrives.

The bug bites unsuspecting people by disabling their network.  It could
even thus be of severity "critical".

Thomas