Re: who are the kernel maintainers?

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 18:26 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 18:14, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > I'm trying to find out who has responsibility for Bug #430646.  It's a
> > critical bug, which should normally get some attention, and mail to
> > debian-kernel on the question, by at least a half-dozen people, has
> > gotten no response that I can see.
>
> I doubt that that BR deserves an RC severity to be honest.

Really?  The package *has no module*.  It is a package which exists
*only to provide a module*.

Therefore it seems squarely to be one which "makes the package in
question unusable or mostly so".

It's like shipping a bash package which doesn't have bash.
> Sure. I know the team is somewhat understaffed when it comes to general
> issues like this. They'll probably get around to it with the next
> scheduled upload.
>
> I personally think that just sending a polite reminder to the BR or trying
> to ping someone on IRC (#debian-kernel surprisingly enough) would likely
> be more effective than posturing on this list.

Instead of assuming that I'm posturing.  Let's see:

I did try to send such a polite reminder, of course.  Did you check the
debian-kernel logs?  Or even this very thread, where a half-dozen mails
have been sent?

How am I supposed to guess what IRC channel it is?  Hint: asking.  But
you object to asking; you call it "posturing".

Not *everything* is an attack.  I would just like to have someone
responsible for the package say *something* about their intentions.

Thomas