Re: who are the kernel maintainers?

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 18:05 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 17:58, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Who are the actual kernel maintainers?  debian-kernel is listed, but
> > that's surely not right, since anyone can join that list.  I assume
> > that not just anyone who joins debian-kernel is therefore a maintainer
> > of Debian kernel packages.
>
> Is this a trick question or something?

Nope.

> Are you going to ask the same question about the D-I team or any other
> team-maintained package?
>
> How about:
> - those with commit access to the source repository
> - those listed as uploaders
> - possibly corrected for no longer active people

I'm trying to find out who has responsibility for Bug #430646.  It's a
critical bug, which should normally get some attention, and mail to
debian-kernel on the question, by at least a half-dozen people, has
gotten no response that I can see.

It looks easily fixable, as well.

In team-maintained packages, there is a common problem where a mail sent
to the giant mailing list doesn't get a reply, because everyone on the
list thinks that someone else will reply.

Thomas