Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

#include <hallo.h>
* Daniel Jacobowitz [Mon, Jul 02 2007, 01:17:33PM]:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 11:58:02AM -0400, José Miguel Parrella Romero wrote:
> > The maintainers of the xmms package in Debian are proposing the removal
> > of the aforementioned package. Please read on.
>
> When last I looked (some time ago), none of the different XMMS
> successors were ready for prime time.  Are bmpx, audacious, and xmms2
> all usable now?

Audacious, like many other players, has this stupid concept of reading
every file from the filelist to get the metadata. Not really realistic
when acting on slow filesystems. But this is something that made XMMS so
much superiour over others, it was fast and lightweight.

Eduard.