Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Steve Langasek wrote:

Could you elaborate on this missing dependency?  I'm using audacious in
stable for some time with no problems, but I don't know if the dependency is
satisfied by accident on my desktop system.

I installed audacious and started it.  I tried to add a playlist and
several audio files (ogg and mp3) but not a single file was added to
the playlist.  The I started audacious on command line giving a ogg
file as argument.  I've got a lot of "not found" messages on the
console.  The first one was something about missing libaudacious.so.5
library.  Apt-file told me that this lib was in libaudacious5 which
was just not in the depends (but libaudacious4 is - at least for the
testing version).  After installing this package manually this error
message vanished - but the other "missing something" lines seemed
to break the application.  Before I decided to report this as a bug
I installed the unstable version to verify whether something was fixed.
Luckily enough all runs perfectly fine in the unstable version so
I regarded filing bug reports as useless and instead gave this hint.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de