Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

When last I looked (some time ago), none of the different XMMS
successors were ready for prime time.  Are bmpx, audacious, and xmms2
all usable now?

I just tried audacious from testing which was not able to even load
a single sound file at my side.  There was (at least) a missing
dependency from libaudacious5 and probably other problems.  I installed
the version from unstable and currently enjoy my old playlists. ;-)

I do not regard xmms2 as a practical replacement for my own purpose.
This client server model might fit other persons needs but not mine.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de