Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

2007/7/2, Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>:
When last I looked (some time ago), none of the different XMMS
successors were ready for prime time.  Are bmpx, audacious, and xmms2
all usable now?

Hi list,

I just tried to install bmpx but got this dependency problem:
[QUOTE]
 bmpx: Depends: libboost-regex1.33.1 which is a virtual package.
Resolving dependencies...

Keep the following packages at their current version:
bmpx [Not Installed]

Score is -10001

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.
[/QUOTE]

I use Sid under a amd64 architecture.
~$ uname -a
Linux amanda 2.6.20-1-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Apr 24 21:10:58 UTC 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux

A friend of mine tried it under Lenny on a i386 and despite of
installing successfully, couldn't run it:
[QUOTE]
BMP no puede arrancar a través de activación por DBus.
El siguiente error ocurrió intentando arrancar BMP:

'Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.'
[/QUOTE]

His uname -a:
Linux sagan 2.6.16-2-k7 #1 Sat Jul 15 23:05:41 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux

Maybe bmpx is not fully usable still.

Alvaro Mouriño

"You can't change the world, but you can change your mind."
Software Libre: El conocimiento no puede tener dueño.