Re: GCC 4.2 transition

On Saturday 30 June 2007 19:06, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 07:11:36AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > 1) found foobug fooversion; command to the BTS. If this version is
> > greater or equal to any other fixed version, or causes all fixed
> > versions to be removed ('cause they're equal to the found version),
> > the bug is reopened as well.
>
> Was there a time where this didn't reopen the bug? Since I'm pretty
> sure I tried that in the past and it didn't reopen the bug.

Yes, this confused me for a long time too.
IIUC from comments during DebConf, there was a bug that the BR was only
reopened if the 'found' version exactly matched the 'done' version. That
bug should now be fixed.

However, I'm not completely sure if that explanation actually matches what
I was seeing in practice and have not tried only using 'found' recently
(I've been using both reopen and found, just to be sure...).

Cheers,
FJP