Re: Intend to orphan pscan.

On Sat Jun 30, 2007 at 18:43:36 +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I would like to know if it is OK that I orphan pscan and open a
> discussion about its removal.

  I think it would be grossly rude to attempt to orphan a package
 which you do not maintain which has no bugs against it.  (Except
 the naming collision that is currently being discussed.)

  As the "newcomer" I'd suggest that the solution would be for
 you to rename/move your binaries rather than forcing the previously
 working packages to change their names/behaviors.
 (Something I think you've agreed to do.  Just sharing opinion.)

  pscan I previously maintained, use often, and would miss majorly
 if it were orphaned and removed.

Steve