Re: Intend to orphan pscan.

Le Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 12:13:45PM +0200, Luk Claes a écrit :

> Now to the core:
>
> A package cons that ships /usr/bin/cons and a package pscan that ships
> /usr/bin/pscan makes sense and these binaries and project names exist for a
> long time. Why do you think a rename of the files /usr/bin/cons and
> /usr/bin/pscan in emboss is out of the question?

Hi,

Nowhere I have written that I will not rename the binaries from EMBOSS.
Indeed, I will move them to /usr/lib/emboss and document in the README
how to access them.

However, in the process of solving that problem, I found two
unmaintained pacages. One has already been orphaned by others, and its
maintainer seems OK with this since he did not react.  I am just asking
if it is OK if I orphan pscan for the same reason, expecting that it
will remove a burden for its maintainer.

Hope that explains,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org