Re: FTBFS if built twice in a row

Gerard Lledó <gerard.lledo@gmail.com> writes:

> My understanding of debian is far from being complete, but in order to
> be built for a second time a clean is performed before (at least, using
> debuild). So directory should look like a fresh $ apt-get source
> packagename. And the contents of the files should also be the same.
> Checking that would be easier than running 2 times the compilation
> process and maybe it could be implemented as a checking tool that
> debuild could run before finishing the package, like it does with
> lintian.

This check would fail many packages that can still be built twice in a row
(any package that runs autotools during the build process without doing a
complicated dance to preserve the upstream-shipped files, for example),
and it's not clear to me that there's a consensus that those packages are
really broken.