Re: Official presentation template

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

It would be nice if you uploaded also the files (TeX+figs) you used in  your
presentation. That way people could still use them as a template, or as
a starting point for their own presentations just in case no "official"
template ends up being available.

Well, the slides of the "presentation" are rather what I would NOT like
to use people in their talks because it is just a rude mix from everything
that came into my mind and might be discussed.  I'd regard it by far a
better idea to grab a random one of my other talks if you are looking
for a reasonable template and add some Debian logo stuff.  I have the
sources of all my talks uploaded as well - perhaps a little bit hidden,
but if you follow the link "Used technique" you will reach a page that
explains what you have to do to reproduce the slide.  The rationale
behind this is that the "plain LaTeX source" is just half of the truth
because I store needed input files and images in a common directory.
Try to understand the instructions and bug me in case it is not understandable.
I'll try to fix this as soon as possible.

Oh, and if a design was settled, it would be really nice to have the design
implemented in some other presentation toolkits (besides beamer) such as OO's
impress or Kpresenter. For the benefit of those that do not like LaTeX (I'm
not one of them :)

Yes, this was the idea - but this will definitely not be done by me
because I'm lacking knowledge about the later ones and also lacking
interest.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--