Re: Dependencies on shared libs, take 2

Le lundi 18 juin 2007 à 10:08 +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :
> The file in debian is *not* updated, that's precisely the point of this
> discussion. Joss wants the maintainer to update it beforehand, I let the
> maintainer update it after its final build but it will then be used only
> for the next upload of course.

And this is utterly *WRONG*. This doesn't work for co-maintained
packages. This doesn't work with NMUs. This doesn't work for people who
develop on several machines without always synchronising them. All the
information needed to build a package should be in the diff.gz, not on
the maintainer's disk.

The only sane way to do is to *never* alter the symbols file provided by
the maintainer, but to fail and suggest the maintainer how to update it.

--
 .''`.