Re: Touching a file in another package

Le jeudi 07 juin 2007 à 17:38 +0200, Andreas Barth a écrit :
> Why don't you check for updates on another file as well, and just touch
> this?

In which case it is enough to check for updates
in /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules. I have already provided a gstreamer
patch that checks it, but it seems the gstreamers disagree with it.

> I would recommend to create some script as part of the former package,
> even if this script is currently as short as
> #!/bin/sh
> touch /usr/..../libgstgnomevfs.so

This is what a patch Loïc proposed to gnome-vfs does through a hook
system, but I don't like to add such complex things that have an impact
on a dozen packages to workaround a bug in a single package.

--
 .''`.