Re: APT 0.7 for sid

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:
> On 06/06/07 17:59, Michael Vogt wrote:

>> I would also love to find a way in the future to interface with the
>> aptitude dependency problem resolver (that is superiour to the one in
>> libapt).

> Is this the same dependency resolver that tries to remove half your
> packages as a result of the most minor package removal?

No, that's not done by the dependency resolver.  That's done by the code
that removes packages that you never told it should be installed.

This problem goes away completely if you only use aptitude-aware tools to
install packages.  It's basically a transition issue.  (I do agree that
the transition could be improved.)