Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007, Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Mon, 04 Jun 2007, Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> > > If I'm in the Netherlands and distribute
> > > CDDL software to a Belgian citizen while violating the CDDL, the
> > > copyright holder has to come to the Netherlands, choice-of-venue
> > > (mostly) notwithstanding.
> >
> > From the summary:
> >
> >    If the parties, one or more of whom is domiciled in the Community,
> >    have concluded a choice of jurisdiction clause * , the agreed court
> >    will have jurisdiction.
>
> True, if it's a EU country. Sorry for that omission. Signing away
> jurisdiction to the US is a lot more difficult.

I'd have to read the actual clause in the actual law, but the summary
makes it sound like just one party's existance in the EU makes the
jurisdiction clause apply.

In any event, in the instant case (star) germany is the chosen
jurisdiction.

Don Armstrong

--
                    EQUAL RIGHTS FOR WOMEN
Don't be teased or humiliated. See their look of surprise when you