Re: Filing FTBFS bugs and packages in NEW

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 01:01:07PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> The problem is that it already takes time to file those bugs, and that
> there are a lots of bugs to file. For example, on May 22nd, 515 packages
> failed to build, and 240 failures have not been analyzed yet, so that's
> 240 potential RC bugs (of course, some of them might have been reported
> already by people not using collab-qa for coordination).

Personally, I would rather see erroneously filed FTBFS bugs than bugs
missed getting reported.  An erroneously filed FTBFS bug can be quickly
closed by the maintainer of the package.  Especially in the case of mass
filings resulting from things like rebuilding the archive or other
cases (like the bug reporter not knowing/being able to access the stuff
in NEW), I think there should be a bit of leniency.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez