Re: BoF: Supporting 15,000 packages - How much support do we mean?

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 16:48 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 09:38:16PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> > > What evidence do you have that serious security bugs "won't get fixed" in a
> > > stable release because of MIA developers?
>
> > Search for "years" in
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=tag&data=security&archive=no&version=&dist=stable&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done&include=security
>
> If I search on
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=tag;data=security;archive=no;dist=stable;pend-exc=fixed;pend-exc=done;include=security;severity=critical,grave,serious
> (since the question was about "serious security bugs"), the only matches are
> listed as "From other Branch", meaning that the versions listed as affected
> in the BTS are not versions present in stable.
<snip>

I'm sorry, I did not use "serious" in the precise sense of the BTS.  I
meant that there were bugs that could have serious consequences for some
users, which is true of many bugs with severity = important.  Also, this
release is relatively new and has had less time to accumulate bug
reports.  sarge is in a worse state.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings