Re: Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

Sam Hocevar wrote:
>    I have started working on such a page, based on /usr/share/doc
> copyright files rather than source code. There is simply too much
> software for now to do anything else than semi-automatic skimming:
>
>      http://people.zoy.org/~sam/gpl/

This helps greatly.  A quick skim of the first few copyright files that don't
mention "version 2 or later" suggests that some of them mention "version 2"
explicitly but some of them just don't mention a version; the latter may occur
due to incorrect construction of the copyright file, or because the software
itself didn't specify a version, but software which doesn't specify a version
of the GPL seems rare.  Could you perhaps divide the software which doesn't
mention "version 2 or later" into three groups: those mentioning "version 2",
those mentioning "version 1", and those not mentioning either?

Thanks,
Josh Triplett