Re: Intention to drop sparc32 support for Lenny

    Frans> Debian cannot afford to have a broken kernel for a release
    Frans> subarch for that period of time. Kernel development moves
    Frans> too fast for that.

Do we really NEED (read: _require_) the 'latest and greatest' (or whatever
kernel is 'latest and greatest' at freeze (or whenever the release team
decides to choose which kernel to release with)!?!?!?

Also have a bunch of SPARC32's running, and I'd like to continue to run
Debian GNU/Linux on it (read: a reasonable late release - I don't want to
keep running sarge "for the remainder of it's life" - I have no time or
resources to keep compiling the whole dist myself).

    Frans> of enthusiastic people behind it who actually work on
    Frans> upstream issues. sparc32 has none.

If I knew anything about kernel interior and development, I'd be happy
to step up, but...