Re: apt-get

On Friday 18 May 2007 08:03, Howard Young wrote:
> Thank you for this link. I have read the information but it seems not to
> have a specific option for what I want.

If you use aptitude for everything, it will keep track of packages that are
automatically installed when a specific package is installed. For instance,
if I install a package that pulls in libpq4, I can remove that package and
aptitude will remove the libpg4 assuming I haven't installed anything else
that depends on it. I believe this functionality would address what you want.
The key is that you have to use aptitude for all package
installation/uninstallation tasks.

wt
--
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science