Re: svn-buildpackage etc., mergeWithUpstream, and dpatch/quilt/cdbs again

Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> wrote:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>>> "The VCS can handle the changesets. Putting patches under VCS is silly!"
>> I don't agree.  With patches in debian/patches, you can give names to
>> those files.
> With a VCS you can also name branches, or changesets (stgit).

Personally, I don't like branches very much.  Nobody ever explained to
me a good receipe to handle them in the case where development proceeds
in both, and important fixes are copied from one to the other.

Or is there a VCS which would show me a three-way diff: "What has changed
between the branching point and the branch's latest revision, except
those changes which also happened between the branching point and HEAD?"

Regards, Frank
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)