Re: Mysterious NMU (Bug #423455)

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:20:22PM -0400, Roberto C. S?nchez wrote:
> Yes, but in reality what is the likelihood that either a security update
> or NMU would introduce an incompatible change?  I would say that such a
> possibility is extremely low.

Why couldn't a security change require making incompatible changes to
something?  A bin NMU would hopefully never change any such thing
though.

> Perhaps the policy should change so that security uploads are done with
> x.y.z-(w++)~lenny1?  That is, the Debian version number gets
> incremented.

But isn't the idea that the version in test/unstable should _always_ be
higher than the version in stable including security versions?  That
makes incrementing 'w' not an option.

--
Len Sorensen