Re: Announce: DebianArt.org

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Sune Vuorela wrote:

Honestly. I would consider those misplaced. The artwork should be debian
related - not a bunch of random photographies. (no matter how nice they
are.)

Perfectly all right for me - that's why I kept my background images
as a private package on p.d.o.  I just noticed that several projects
seem to include random photographies so I just wanted to announce that
there are some free ones to choose from.  Having a larger set sometimes
enables you to find some that fit a certain color scheme.

So, you just met the reason I was writing:

I honestly think that uploading own images
sucks because other people tend to think differently about
images and mostly authors of images do not have an objective
view onto their own work.  So I do not like to upload my
own images.

and thus I will not do more than offer things that can be ignored if it
does not fit.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--