Re: Announce: DebianArt.org

On Wed, 9 May 2007, [ISO-8859-1] André Luiz Rodrigues Ferreira wrote:

DebianArt.org is a place for high quality artwork and themes for the Debian
Desktop[4]. The idea is use the website for contests, creating an archive of
user contributed artwork that can be freely used and included in upcoming
Debian releases.

I might add that I'm trying to develop some themes for presentations
especially for LaTeX beamer.  Any kind of common design would be
greatly appreciated.

The user can put the follows categories:
- Wallpaper

I just want to ask that my other hobby is landscape photography and
I have a large collection of images that might do as wallpapers.  The
best of them are available at commons.wikimedia.org[1] and some of
them are even featured [2]. A really large collection of images
is available at the photo page of my web site [3] and I also
prepared some inofficial wallpaper packages at [4].

My plan is to write a script that downloads certain WikiMedia commons
images (given in a list) and cut these in the needed aspect ratio
of the used monitor (according to an optional list of cutting
coordinates).  A raw prototype is just finished, but it is probably
nothing to publish at the moment.  I do not expect to finish
anything before DebConf - rather end of the year sounds a reasonable
time scale.

What do you think?

Great.

Can you test? Please register and put your artworking :D

Well, I do not really want to maintain more than two places
(my own home page and wikimedia commons) for my images.  They
are freely available in very high quality at commons and can
be prepared in high quality at request if only available at
my home page.  I honestly think that uploading own images
sucks because other people tend to think differently about
images and mostly authors of images do not have an objective
view onto their own work.  So I do not like to upload my
own images.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

  [1] http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Tillea/Gallery