Re: Getting ftp-master mails as sponsor

On 05/07/2007 08:28 PM, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 08 May 2007, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> Pick a random uid? Send no mail? Send mail to all? And no, simply
>> "pick @debian.org" doesnt work, people may have chosen to deactivate
>> that address because they use something different for all their
>> debian activity now.
> It's slightly suboptimal, but would an optional field in the .changes
> file like Uploaded-By: be sufficient?

	I like this idea. And I think it could be sufficient. :-)

> That way people who want this sort of thing can get it (eventually
> automatically?) and those who don't can ignore it.

	Just for the record, I was thinking about the suggestion to
add a field, something like 'Last-Uploader', similar to the field we
use in PO files for Last-Translator. The idea is similar, but would
figure in a different file and requires a different set of changes
in our documentation/policy.

	Kind regards,

- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)