Re: LSB init scripts (was: should an init-script print output, if verbose is set to no in /etc/default/rcS or by /lib/init/vars.sh?)

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 10:08:20PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> This is also a "sales" issue. I have seen to many faces darken when
> people see a Debian system boot for the first time. People get
> reminded of the old DOS days and decide that this Linux thing is too
> ugly to use.

So knowledge is ugly?  It is obviously so much better to not know what
is going on so that if it doesn't work you don't have to worry about it
because you know nothing that could help you to solve it so it isn't
your problem of course.

Now being able to just turn on the details when something is wrong, and
have them no there the rest of the time might be OK.  On the other hand
you boot once every few months so who cares what the boot messages look
like. :)

--
Len Sorensen