Re: Error with fakeroot

    >> I created one package. When I try to perform the below command,
    >> come this error:
    >>
    >> pc101:# fakeroot debian/rules binary fakeroot: FAKEROOTKEY set
    >> to 818929733 fakeroot: nested operation not yet supporte
    >>
    >> Any suggestion ?

    Clint> Are you trying to run fakeroot within fakeroot?

Not sure why on earth you would want to do this, but it seems to work
OK on etch. Maybe this is only supported with recent versions of
fakeroot?

brian@sys11:~$ echo $FAKEROOTKEY

brian@sys11:~$ fakeroot /bin/bash
root@sys11:~# echo $FAKEROOTKEY
691495543
root@sys11:~# fakeroot /bin/bash
root@sys11:~# echo $FAKEROOTKEY
1885308766
root@sys11:~# exit
root@sys11:~# echo $FAKEROOTKEY
691495543
root@sys11:~# exit
brian@sys11:~$ echo $FAKEROOTKEY

Maybe the original poster may have typed in "fakeroot" by itself
without realizing it changed the environment.
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.debian.net>