Re: 1241 not binNMU-safe packages found in sid

Michael Koch <konqueror@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:15:31PM +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:
...]
>> gave me all the diff.gz from sid, so I could grep for "(=
>> ${Source-Version})", and the result was shocking:
>> Out of 10126 diff.gzs I got from sid, 1241 have "bad" dependencies -
>> time for mass-bugfilling?

>> You can find a list of the packages here:
>> http://files.die-welt.net/bad-depends-in-sid

> There are surely some false positives. e.g. ant. ant builds arch-indep
> packages only and so the Depends with (= ${Source-Version}) is correct.

> Happy searching for more false positives :-)

I would guess that perhaps one in a 100 matches is a real bug. Personally
I have continued to use ${Source-Version} instead of ${binary:Version}
whenever possible, since they do exactly the same thing without making
backporting to sarge unnecessarily more difficult.
cu andreas
so grateful to you.'