Re: should an init-script print output, if verbose is set to no in /etc/default/rcS or by /lib/init/vars.sh?

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com):

> [Evgeni Golov]
> > Now my question to the init-gurus/maintainers is: is the behavior of
> > my script correct, or should verbose mean: "print minimal status
> > information, but suppress warnings etc"?
>
> I would recommend only printing warning and error messages when
> VERBOSE is disabled, so in this regard you script sounds correct.

And, speaking for the samba package maintainers and as the person who,
IIRC, reported the suggestion to use LSB stuff for openssh, I can tell
that not using VERBOSE is nothing but ignorance on my side.

/me runs to change the samba init script..:)