Re: Attempted summary and thoughts (was Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs)

Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
>Out of curiousity, what is the algorithm for determining whether a patch
>has been reviewed?  If it is not an algorithm, per se, then what is the
>heuristic?

If the maintainer has sent a message to the bug trail mentioning the patch
sometime after the patch was attached to the bug trail, or the 'patch' tag
has been removed, or the bug has been closed, then the maintainer has reviewed
the patch.  Reviewed it sufficiently for my purposes anyway!

I don't think it can be done programatically because it requires knowing when
the 'patch' tag was added and knowning whether the maintainer mentioned the patch;
it's easy for a human to tell though.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Theocracy, fascism, or absolute monarchy -- I don't care which it is, I don't like it.