Re: Kernel selection in the installation system

On Monday 26 March 2007 17:24, Christoph Pleger wrote:
> Can anybody tell me how the installer decides which kernel to be
> installed? Or tell me where I can find the source code of the selection
> process?

It is done from the /var/lib/dpkg/base-installer.postinst script, which
calls an architecture dependent script for which the source is at:

Note that the Etch version of the scripts is a bit different; that version
is available at:

The postinst can be found in ../debian from those locations.