Re: More stuff the installer does which isn't done on upgrade

Florian Weimer schrieb:
> * Nathanael Nerode:
>
>> While on new installs it looks like this:
>> ----------
>> # This is a list of hotpluggable network interfaces.
>> # They will be activated automatically by the hotplug subsystem.
>
> And, as discussed before, this doesn't work reliably on all
> systems. 8-(

I've written a bugreport (#403706) which was discussed for a long time
until it finally was downgraded from grave to important and became a
"documentation issue" the for release-notes.

A questionable move especially since I know from debian-user-german that
many users seem to be affected by this bug.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org